Virginia Woolf was a very important member of the Bloomsbury Group and also a significant figure in the literary society of London at the time of interwar era. In addition, she was a very renowned English essayist and novelist and is considered as one of the most preeminent modernist literary figures of the 20th century. Due to this, she is often times a chosen topic for many thesis papers in universities.
Working on a written dissertation is surely challenging. In line with this, when it comes to searching about the factors you need to include in your thesis paper on Virginia Woolf, there are things you need to ponder on and some of them consist of the following:
- Choose the cultural phenomenon, literature or main texts which you would prefer to concentrate on in your thesis. In addition, create a catchy title for your writing project. Afterwards, come up with an argument, a central thesis or question that you want to work out in the course of your writing task. Take note that your essay question must be able to inform the title of your written dissertation.
- Compose an abstract. This comprises of your thesis, 3 or more subsidiary ideas that you want to create and of course your possible conclusion. Then, it is time to find a theoretical framework. This shall greatly help you in making your argument.
- Look for an outstanding secondary source to acquaint yourself with the theoretical framework well fitted for your writing task.
- Create an outline that includes your title as well as the essay’s subsections titles. Further, see to it to make your format as clear as feasible. In your structure, your target reader must be able to have a clear concept of what your thesis is about and what the primary arguments are.
- Take pleasure in writing your thesis. Keep in mind that this is your project and a great learning experience. Do not be stressed about it and consider it a pleasure to work on such task.
- Leave sufficient time to review your task as critically and carefully as possible. If feasible, finish working on your thesis well prior the due date so that you have time to set it aside and afterwards review it again.
- It matters to use parenthetical references.
- It is not advised to sum up the plots of the texts you’re working on. Consider assuming that your first reader is also acquainted with your main text/s.