When writing the chapter on discussions, keep in mind the aims and goals that you stated. They may include a declaration of your opinions, a statement of your interpretations, building predictions and suggestions of your research, and explaining to the reader the effects and impacts of your findings. Here are some crucial tips to go about this:
- Ensure you answer the questions present in the introduction of your paper.
- Explain how the answers get supported by the findings
- Expound on how those answers relatively fit the subject’s knowledge
By now, you should remember that readers can see the discussion chapter as the most crucial of all parts of your dissertation. Therefore, it would be best if you got prepared to have more than a single writing attempt in this section.
To ensure that the message you want to get through remains clear, maintain a short and precise discussion chapter, but remember to state, explain, elaborate, defend and support your conclusions. Be sure to make the writing more of a commentary than a simple regurgitation of findings. Avoid jotting side issues as they will fade the authenticity of your message. Of course, a perfect dissertation does not exist, but you can help the readers distinguish between facts and speculations. Here are the steps to remember when writing a discussion chapter.
- Structure the chapter from its specifics to the overly general. Make a transition from the brief confines of the study to a broader framework.
- Ensure that you maintain and stick to the general tone you apply in the introduction. That entails utilizing the same tense, key terms, and perspective as you have used in the opening of your paper.
- Begin the chapter by writing the research questions or having to restate the hypotheses present in the intro. Afterward, declare the available answers to the problems of research. Be sure to support the solutions in line with the dissertation’s findings.
- Go on to explain how your study’s results relate to your study’s expectations and the literature. Ensure you vividly describe why the products should get accepted and how they blend with the previously published articles and knowledge on the matter. Ensure you only utilize the relevant citation.
- Be sure to check on the results in line with your research questions.
- Ensure you inform the readers about the principles, patterns, and the primary relationships depicted by your significant findings and place them into your point of view. You should give a statement of the answer, illuminate the results, and cite the sources. If necessary, provide graphs and figures to bolster the arguments you provide in the paper.
- Be sure to defend the answers. You can do it in two ways: explaining your answer’s validity and showing the other solutions’ imperfections. You will therefore make your perspective more assuring if you maintain on both sides of your argument.
- Point out the conflicting data in your text. Make it a point to discuss and evaluate any clashing explanation within your results. It will make you win over your readers.
- Discuss any unexpected results or findings. Start with a paragraph on the discovery and then make a discussion on it.